- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1 English muffin , halved
- Butter for spreading
- 2 slices ham
- finely chopped fresh chives or Flat leaf parsley (optional)
- Bedford Banger Original
- 100g butter, cubed
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot/onion finely chopped
- 5 black peppercorns
- Pinch of salt
- pinch of caster sugar
Melt the butter slowly in a pan over a low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and pour the butter into a jug.
Put the vinegar, shallot, peppercorns in a small saucepan over a high heat and bring to the boil. Cook for 1–2 minutes, or until reduced to 2 tablespoons of liquid. Remove from the heat.
Put the egg yolks in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water. Do not let the bottom of the bowl touch the water. Whisk the egg yolks with the salt and sugar until pale. Pour the vinegar mixture through a fine sieve onto the yolks and continue whisking until well combined. Slowly add the butter in a steady stream, whisking constantly, until the sauce is smooth, thick and shiny
Toast the muffin halves & Spread the muffins with butter.
- Fill a small pan with cold water and bring it to the boil. Add the vinegar and reduce to a simmer. Poach for 2–3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon
- Place an egg on each muffin and spoon over some hollandaise.
- Now drizzle some Bedford Banger original on top of each egg.
- Sprinkle with chives.